- Florfenicol is highly active and broad spectrum antibiotic against many gm +ve and gm-ve bacteria .
- It acts by binding the ribosomal subunit and inhibiting the bacterial protein synthesis.
For the treatment of the bacterial infections in cattle and pigs.
- the respiratory diseases caused by the
- bacteria : pasteurella multocida , mannheima haemolytica , histophilus somni.
- foot rot caused by the bacteria : fusobacterium necroforum , bacteroides melaninogenicus .
- the respiratory diseases caused by the bacteria : actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, pasteurella multocida, salmonella cholera suis , streptococcus suis .
Cattle : ( in the neck muscle )
- 10 ml / 150 kg b.wt.
- (20 mg activity / kg b.wt)
Repeat the dose after 2 days in another site of the neck muscle .
by a single subcutaneous injection in the neck region :
- 20 ml / 150 kg b.wt.
- (40 mg activity / kg b.wt.)
Pigs : by intramuscular injection .
- 1 ml / 20 kg b.wt.
- (15 mg activity / kg b.wt.)
repeat the dose after 2 days .
- The dose should be subdivided .
- Do not inject , in each site , more than 10 ml for cattle , and not more than 3 ml for pigs.
- Not given to milking cattle .
- Not used for animals of breeding age.
|Each ml contains||.|
For meat consumption :
|Cattle||39 days ( for i.m. injection )|
|.||44 days ( for s.c. injection )|
Keep in dry, dark place below 30 °C.