The combined antibacterial component s potentiate their efficacy against gm +ve and gm –ve bacteria: staph, strept, actinobacillus, actinomycetes, coli, salmonella, pasteurella, pneumococci, coryne, proteus, campylobacter, clostridia, fusobacterium, vibrio, klebsiella, bordetella, haemophilus.
Sulphonamides block the transformation of folic acid in the bacterial cell into bio-active form, and trimethoprim magnifies that effect through the inhibition of conversion of the bacterial enzyme dihydrofolate reductase which is essential for the conversion of folic acid into folinic acid which is required for synthesis of dna, while sulphonamide prevents the production of folic acid in the bacterial cell by inhibiting the utilization of para aminobenzoic acid (paba) which leads to stop the bacterial multiplication. such synergistic action of both ingredients on the bacterial metabolism will result into the death of the bacteria.
- For ruminants, equines, pigs, cats, dogs.
Systemic treatment for a wide range of the bacterial infections:
- respiratory tract infections: rhinitis, broncho-pneumonia, tracheitis etc…
- alimentary tract infections: scours, vibrionic dysentery, peritonitis, gastro-enteritis, diarrhea
- colibacillosis, salmonellosis, pasteurellosis, lamb dysenter (clostridia) etc..
- urogenital tract infections: nephritis, pyelonephritis, pyelitis, cystitis, metritis, vaginitis, cervicitis,
- mastitis (supportive treatment), swine agalactia etc…
- septicaemia, foot-rot, pyoderma, wounds, skin infection.
- eyes, ears, mouth infections.
- post-operative and post-parturient use.
- bacterial infections secondary to respiratory viral diseases and mycoplasma.
- contra-indicated in cases of liver and kidney troubles.
- ensure adequate water intake during treatment, to reduce the risk of crystalluria.
- flumequine should not be associated with trimethoprim-sulphonamide treatment.
|Ruminants, pigs||1 ml / 16 kg b.wt. by intramuscular inj.|
|Equines||by slow intravenous inj. only: 1 ml / 16 kg b. wt.|
|Dogs, cats||: 1 ml / 8 kg b. wt. by subcutaneous inj. only.|
|in severe cases, repeat the dose daily for 3-5 days.||.|
|for meat consumption||10 days (sheep meat: 18 days).|
|for milk consumption||3 days.|
Keep in dry, dark place below 30 ºC.